languages languagesicone
site loader
February 8, 2021 No Sex Party In Kaduna, Police Witnesses Tell Court

No Sex Party In Kaduna, Police Witnesses Tell Court

Police witnesses who conducted search operation at the venue of the botched sex party in Kaduna, have debunked claims that there was a sex party at Asher Kings and Queens restaurant and lounge on December 27, 2020.

The two witnesses presented by the prosecutor, ASP Shola Olodowa, gave contradicting evidences of what transpired on the said date but both agreed that there was no sex party.



A policeman, Alfa Yahaya, who led the operation to arrest five suspects, told the court that they visited the purported sex party location with two Hilux vehicles and eight personnel of Operation Yaki that were fully armed.

In a contradicting statement, the second witness, Corporal Ibrahim Adamu, who was part of the operation, said they visited the restaurant with three Hilux vehicles with 15 armed operatives but did not witness any orgy.

Yahaya said, “When we got there, we saw a crowd of 50 and more, not observing social distancing, not wearing face masks, no provision for hand sanitisers with many of them half-naked, drinking and playing loud music. When they sighted us, they jumped over the fence but we were able to arrest the organiser and the two DJs and took them to our station.

“I can identify three of the defendants but they were not part of those who were half-naked. I cannot identify those who were half-naked because they jumped over the fence. We did not witness any sex party on that day (27th December, 2020) and those who jumped over the fence were those not observing social distancing.”

On his part, Adamu said he had been called upon for a special operation by the officer-in-charge who sent him a flyer of the said sex party on WhatsApp.

“The flyer did not carry any venue, but another chat indicated that the party was going to be at Asher restaurant and lounge. When we arrested three of the respondents, we made them write this in the statement which I read to them.

“We went there with three Hilux vehicles with five personnel in each of the Hilux but when we got there, there was no sex party taking place there. The phone number on the flyer, when tracked, belongs to one Marvellous Akpan, who admitted designing the flyer along with his friends.

“Akpan confessed that Asher restaurant had nothing to do with the flyer. I also saw the 2nd respondent, Abraham Alberah, there, but he was properly dressed in caftan.” 

The suspects: Abraham Alberah, Umar Rufai and Suleiman Lemona were arraigned in court on Monday, alongside Chimezie Kenneth, who organised the party and Marvellous Akpan.

Legal practitioner, Sam Stung, represented the 2nd, 3rd and 4th respondent while Segun Jimoh represented the 5th respondent.

The presiding Judge, Benjamin Hassan, adjourned the hearing to February 22.

SaharaReporters had reported how the Asher King and Queen restaurant and lounge was demolished on the orders of the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

February 7, 2021 DR Congo Announces ‘Resurgence’ Of Ebola

DR Congo Announces ‘Resurgence’ Of Ebola

Democratic Republic of Congo has announced a “resurgence” of Ebola in its troubled east after a woman died of the disease, just three months after authorities declared the end of the country’s previous outbreak.

AFP reports that the country’s health minister, Eteni Longondo, said the outbreak occurred in the Biena health zone of North Kivu province. 



He said, “We have another episode of the Ebola virus. It was a farmer, the wife of a survivor of Ebola, who showed typical signs of the disease on February 1.”

She died on February 3, after which a sample of her blood tested positive for Ebola, the health ministry said.

The Democratic Republic of Congo declared on November 18 the end of its eleventh Ebola outbreak, which claimed 55 lives out of 130 cases over nearly six months in the northwestern province of Equateur.

The last person declared recovered from Ebola in Equateur was on October 16.

The widespread use of Ebola vaccinations, which were administered to more than 40,000 people, helped curb the disease.

The return of Ebola in the country’s northeast — a region plagued by violence between armed groups — comes as the vast African country is also fighting its own COVID-19 outbreak.

A previous Ebola outbreak in the DRC’s east, which ran from August 1 2018 to June 25, 2020, was the country’s worst ever, with 2,277 deaths.

It was also the second highest toll in the 44-year history of the disease, surpassed only by a three-country outbreak in West Africa from 2013-16 that killed 11,300 people.

Ebola haemorrhagic fever was first identified in 1976 after scientists probed a string of unexplained deaths in what is now northern DRC.

The symptoms are severe: high fever and muscle pain followed by vomiting and diarrhoea, skin eruptions, kidney and liver failure, internal and external bleeding.

The average fatality rate from Ebola is around 50 percent but this can rise to 90 percent for some epidemics, according to the World Health Organisation.

The virus that causes Ebola is believed to reside in bats.

DR Congo has also recorded 23,599 coronavirus cases and 681 deaths in a population of around 80 million people.

February 6, 2021 I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says

I Killed My Wife, Son Because I Smoked Too Much Indian Hemp, Evangelist Says

A Nigerian man, Chukwuemeka Obijofa, who killed his wife and son with a shovel last week Tuesday in Anambra State, has said he committed the crime after taking an overdose of Indian hemp.

The suspect, who claimed to be an evangelist, was paraded alongside other suspects in Akwa on Saturday, said all he could remember was that he quarrelled with his wife.



Obijofa said he only knew he had committed murder when he opened his eyes at the police station.

Explaining how the unfortunate incident happened, Obijofa said: “I came back to the house to give my wife money to buy some food items because I did not drop enough money for them when I was going out in the morning. When I came back in the afternoon, I saw my wife with two men not known to me.

“I became so angry and pained because I so much loved and trusted her. She tried to explain to me, but I went somewhere to take my Indian hemp to calm myself down.

“But after taking some overdose, surprisingly, I found out that I became worse and lost my senses and control.

“I could not control myself any longer. I believed that a spirit entered me and I could not help it. I could not believe that I did that to a woman I loved so much. I believed she was the only thing I had in life.
I only returned to my senses when I opened my eye in the police station. I believed that what killed my wife and son was the demon inside me and not me.

“Honestly, I felt lost and I wished that situation could be reversed in my life.”

He said he dated his late wife for six years before marrying her, adding that they spent five years together before she passed away.

He added: “I know I committed a crime, which I did not do with my clear eyes. I was ordained an evangelist in 2012, then I was doing well but when I begin to fall out of grace, my pastor told me about the consequences.

“He told me that time was coming when I would suffer for my evil action and that God does not want me to suffer. I cannot believe him until now.”

Citing his case as an instance, Obijofa urged people who craved a meaningful life to desist from drugs as such could destroy them.

He said: “Let’s stay away from drugs and Indian hemp; it is terrible. It doesn’t kill a man but it invokes the evil spirit in a man’s life.

“Whenever you take it, you will know that an evil spirit has been introduced into your system, which does not belong to you as a person.

“Please let everybody stay away from drugs. I want to go back to my God if I have the second chance.”

February 5, 2021 Closing Cryptocurrency Accounts Can’t Stop Sunday Igboho’s Funding — Lawyer

Closing Cryptocurrency Accounts Can’t Stop Sunday Igboho’s Funding — Lawyer

Legal practitioner, Tommy Ojoge-Daniel, has said the recent warning issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria to financial institutions and others against doing businesses in crypto and other digital assets, cannot stop the fundraiser set up for Yoruba activist, Sunday Adeyemo (Igboho).

Ojoge-Daniel, disclosed this in an interview with the PUNCH on Friday shortly after the CBN issued its directive.



Supporters of Igboho had set up a Gofundme page for the purpose of raising £100,000 (N51.8 million) for him to buy buses.

The fundraiser, which was initiated by Maureen Badejo, a blogger and activist based in the United Kingdom, had garnered £26, 452 (N13.8 million) as of the time of filing this report. 

It was gathered that crypto currency was one of the major ways through which funds sourced through crowd funding are accessed.

On Friday, the CBN directed banks in the country to close all cryptocurrency-related accounts.









In a statement on Friday, the regulator prohibited all financial institutions from facilitating cryptocurrency payments in the country.

This directive was contained in a letter addressed to all Deposit Money Banks (DMBs), Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFIs)and other financial institutions (OFIs).

Ojoge-Daniel said, “It (CBN policy) does not affect it (Igboho’s funding) in any way in as much as crypto currency is an open source platform for peer to peer (P2P) exchange of value and it is largely untraceable.

“The open ledger (block chain) only tracks activities in wallets and cannot hinder or hamper individuals who have crypto in their wallets from sending it to the recipient wallet. They can only track the payments but can never track the payers. The only issue will be exchanging the crypto on a direct platform to a Nigerian account.”